25 February 2014

Springy spring

image image image image image

I ran down to Princes Street to do a little shopping and on my way back to my flat I had to stop and admire Princes Street Gardens. Late on a Monday morning it was pretty quiet, but it smelled earthy and warm, and the sun was out just enough to have dried the benches. The hillside was covered in crocuses and I couldn't resist sitting down for a few minutes with the coffee I'd just bought, listening to the bagpiper playing above the National Gallery's cafe. I can't wait for some leaves to start popping out on trees, but my, this is a good start.

So looking forward warmer temperatures, too!

Cheers,
Kate xx

5 comments:

  1. OH my gosh I am so jealous! I want green and flowers here!
    Lisa | c/oMKE

    ReplyDelete
  2. The jealously I have is radiating....I still have a good 3 feet of snow everywhere. Midwest winters....lol. Enjoy the flowers for us all!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep hearing about all the snow the midwest keeps getting! And COLD!! Spring will come soon enough! ;D

      Kate

      Delete
  3. Better spring than in Moscow now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought I'd say it, though, but I kind of missed the snow this year! (Just a little.)

      ;) Kate

      Delete