30 January 2014

Insa's intense GIF-iti

// via // 

// via //

Summer Spectrum, 2011 // via //

// via //

// via // 

Make Your Own Way, 2013 // via //

// via //


Insa: an artist or a collaboration? I don't know, really. Perhaps mainly one guy with some collabs along the way... Most articles refer to 'him' and the official site says 'artists,' but either way, I was instantly drawn to these images that I started to see going around the internet. 'GIF-iti,' if you will, by the UK-based artist(s). Full-fledged street art with the added dimension of the tech edge. And if tech could be kitsch, then I think, here ya go! And I mean kitsch is the best possible way. No matter how many write-ups I saw on this artist, I couldn't help being rather amazed at every image I scrolled to. Some are amusing. Some are technically inspring. And some are just plain rad. So it's well worth checking out the official site, because there's a lot more to Insa than just paintings on walls. There's a shop and everything. Worth a look, proooobably NSFW. ;)

Cheers!
Kate xx

No comments:

Post a Comment