02 January 2014

Carnival! Hogmanay style.

Hogmanay Carnival
imageimageHogmanay Carnival image image Christmas market, Edinburgh
Hogmanay Carnival


Hogmanay Carnival has come to town. From my building I can hear the sounds of the Ghost Train and the screams of anyone who dares to do the bungee catapult. Last night, in a spontaneous post-cocktail maneuver, my friend and I decided to end the evening on a high note (literally). We went for Mach-1, pictured fourth from top, in which you sit in a little pod and are swung around on the 'spoke,' and then your pod flips you upside down and all over the place. And in addition to the cocktail, I had just eaten a buffalo haggis burger (it was actually called the Kilted Buffalo Burger). I have a pretty tough stomach when it comes to theme park rides, so I wasn't actually very concerned, but still... It's a little unreal to open your eyes (when you remember to) and see Edinburgh Castle and all of the illuminated Christmas trees upside-down. But also one of the best things EVER!

Edinburgh isn't known for its festivals for nothing, it would be appear! I can't wait to share my Hogmanay experience with you all! :)

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic! I love carnivals!
    Lisa | c/oMKE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like I don't take advantage of them often enough! Gotta love em :D

      Kate

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It is! I love it. All the lights are so wonderful, and all the excitement!

      Kate

      Delete