22 March 2014

Castle traipsin'

craigmillar2 craigmillar13 craigmillar14 craigmillar12
craigmillar8craigmillar3 craigmillar4 craigmillar7 craigmillar9craigmillar6 craigmillar5 craigmillar10 craigmillar11

The week, it is over. Or, at least, my whirlwind week in which my youngest sister flew across the pond to visit me here in Edinburgh before we popped down to London for all of about 48 hours. It was maaarvelous! Exhausting, of course, but time simply disappeared and we had so much fun checking out my regular haunts and new places too.

One of the things we did, that I had been meaning to do for some time, was catch the bus to see Craigmillar Castle. It's within the city limits of Edinburgh so there's hardly an excuse to not go, and we were not disappointed! It was a veeeerrry windy day so on a couple of occasions we were feeling a little... precarious on the parapet. It was difficult to hold cameras straight, let along keep hair whipping in front of the lenses! But it was so fun to climb around seemingly endless stairwells and along countless levels -- it's amazing to imagine what the place must have been like when it had its original floors... a veritable maze.

Hope you're all enjoying a happy weekend. I'll get a few more photos up from the rest of our trip (I didn't take too many photos, so the posts are brief, but it's something!)... Soon! :D

Cheers!
Kate xx

 P.S. Check out that jet stream Saltire-in-the-sky in the first photo! Couldn't have coordinated my sister's welcome to Scotland any better than that... ;)

2 comments:

  1. Great photos! It must have been so fun having her to visit! Can't wait to see more.
    Lisa | c/oMKE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so great - she was my first visitor! ;D It was nice to get my real camera out for once, too--it's been a while.

      Cheers!
      Kate

      Delete